Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Circulator Ad

I think the most overlooked sector of media is advertising. It was certainly meaningless to me until I was fortunate enough to take a course with Dr. Jack Bratich. I realized there should be more to observing these ads than reading them only when avoiding eye contact on the train.

The following was brought to my attention by a friend who thought he was the odd one out for thinking what you're about to think:


While 3 years ago I would have probably felt the same way, I think it's safe to say now that "they" (advertisers) are completely aware of whatever interpretation you have of their ad. FYI, the Circulator is a particular bus in DC.

Who wants to look at two silhouettes sip champagne? No one.
Who wants to look at a sexual reference? Everyone.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I think they're playing with Wii controllers. Duh.